This version of Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen was released by Queen in 1975.
Here's more interesting things in songs and lyrics tied to Queen or about the 1970s in general.
Bohemian Rhapsody is the kind of song that creates vivid images in your head when you listen. The song goes on in multiple chapters almost like a play, and the more you listen to it, the more curious about the song you get. The world heard this song as a great interpretation of different musical styles all mixed together into a masterpiece of imagination.
With Bohemian Rhapsody, you are really getting Freddie Mercury’s confessional, about how different his life could have been if he had just been able to be himself. The lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody were most likely written by Mercury just before 1975 (the album was released in October of that year) during a rough time with Mary Austin. He had cheated on her by having an affair with a man who worked for one of the record companies.Â He was full of an intense amount of turmoil and guilt, and probably fear of being judged by society for being bisexual, and came clean to Mary about the affair and later about his sexuality. This is all the abridged and simplified version of how the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody came about.
The song is a brilliant merging of ballad, guitar solos, opera and hard rock with a huge amount of variety in the song. Bohemian Rhapsody is a popular sing-a-long song made even more popular by its use during sing-a-long scenes in the movie Wayne’s World.
Here’s the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody:
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.
Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see,
I’m just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I’m easy come, easy go, Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesn’t really matter to me, to me.
Mama just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he’s dead.
Mama, life had just begun,
But now I’ve gone and thrown it all away.
Mama, ooh, Didn’t mean to make you cry,
If I’m not back again this time tomorrow,
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.
Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine, body’s aching all the time.
Goodbye, ev’rybody, I’ve got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.
Mama, ooh, I don’t want to die,
I sometimes wish I’d never been born at all.
I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango.
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright’ning me.
(Galileo.) Galileo. (Galileo.) Galileo, Galileo figaro
Magnifico. I’m just a poor boy and nobody loves me.
He’s just a poor boy from a poor family,
Spare him his life from this monstrosity.
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go.
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go.
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go.
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go.
(Let me go.) Will not let you go.
(Let me go.) Will not let you go. (Let me go.) Ah.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
(Oh mama mia, mama mia.) Mama mia, let me go.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me.
So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye.
So you think you can love me and leave me to die.
Oh, baby, can’t do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.
Nothing really matters, Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.
Any way the wind blows.
Want more lyrics and songs by Queen?
Queen has released many songs over the years besides
About Lyrics and Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen by Queen
When you decide to study the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen, you're looking at the words, verses and background chorus from the 1975 song by Queen. Some of the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen have clear meanings and some contain metaphorical references. Like most songs, only Queen and their collaborators know the full story behind any of the their songs. You can understand the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen if you take apart the structure of the words.
You can understand the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen if you take apart the structure of the words.The word "lyric" itself derives from the Latin word lyricus, with the actual English word lyrics applied to the definition "words set to music" listed in Stainer and Barrett's 1876 Dictionary of Musical Terms. Continuing the chain, the Latin word lyricus derives from the Greek word Î»Ï ÏÎ¹ÎºÏÏ or lyrikÃ³s. This somewhat means "poetry accompanied by the lyre" or "words set to music." You can easily see that by looking at the background of the word lyric, that the "lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen" means the words set to the music of Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen, or poetry accompanied by the lyre played by Queen. The singular form "lyric" is still used to mean the complete words to a song. However, the singular form lyric is also commonly used to refer to a specific line (or phrase) within a song's lyrics. Hence, by this analysis of word structure, you could say that the lyric to Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen and the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen are both one and the same thing. None of this talk about the word Lyrics is really relevant to fans of Queen who came here looking just for the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen, but we feel it is still fun to learn what's behind commonly used words and lyrics in songs.
More Songs & Lyrics by Queen
- Doing All Right (1973)
- Great King Rat (1973)
- Jesus (1973)
- Keep Yourself Alive (1973)
- Liar (1973)
- Mad The Swine (1973)
- Modern Times Rock ‘N’ Roll (1973)
- My Fairy King (1973)
- Seven Seas Of Rhye (1973)
- Son And Daughter (1973)
- The Night Comes Down (1973)
- Bet Your Bottom Dollar Bill You’re A Playboy (1974)
- Big Bad Caused A Mighty Fine Sensation (1974)
- Brighton Rock (1974)
- Bring Back That Leroy Brown (1974)
- Dear Friends (1974)
- Father To Son (1974)
- Flick Of The Wrist (1974)
- Funny How Love Is (1974)
- In The Lap Of The Gods (1974)
- In The Lap Of The Gods (Revisited) (1974)
- Killer Queen (1974)
- Lily Of The Valley (1974)
- Misfire (1974)
- Nevermore (1974)
- Now I’m Here (1974)
- Ogre Battle (1974)
- See What A Fool I’ve Been (1974)
- She Makes Me (Stormtrooper In Stilettoes) (1974)
- Some Day One Day (1974)
- Stone Cold Crazy (1974)
- Tenement Funster (1974)
- The Fairy Feller’s Master-Stroke (1974)
- The Loser In The End (1974)
- The March Of The Black Queen (1974)
- White Queen (As It Began) (1974)
- ’39 (1975)
- Death On Two Legs (1975)
- Good Company (1975)
- I’m In Love With My Car (1975)
- Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon (1975)
- Love Of My Life (1975)
- Seaside Rendezvous (1975)
- Sweet Lady (1975)
- The Prophet’s Song (1975)
- You’re My Best Friend (1975)
- Drowse (1976)
- Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy (1976)
- Long Away (1976)
- Somebody To Love (1976)
Visit our Queen profile for more Queen songs, lyrics & info!
- AIR22 Songs & Lyrics
- 2GETHER22 Songs & Lyrics
- N.O.R.E.22 Songs & Lyrics
- FIGHTSTAR22 Songs & Lyrics
- PEPPER22 Songs & Lyrics
- GRACE POTTER AND THE NOCTURNALS22 Songs & Lyrics
- RICHARD ASHCROFT22 Songs & Lyrics
- TITO EL BAMBINO22 Songs & Lyrics
- PORTISHEAD22 Songs & Lyrics
- DEM FRANCHIZE BOYZ22 Songs & Lyrics
- LCD SOUNDSYSTEM22 Songs & Lyrics
- EVERLIFE22 Songs & Lyrics
- ADINA HOWARD22 Songs & Lyrics
- BREAKING POINT22 Songs & Lyrics
- PUBLIC ENEMY22 Songs & Lyrics
- FROM ZERO22 Songs & Lyrics
- ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI22 Songs & Lyrics
- ARMIN VAN BUUREN22 Songs & Lyrics
- KINGSPADE22 Songs & Lyrics
- LIL' MO22 Songs & Lyrics
- DIDO22 Songs & Lyrics
- ELEMENT EIGHTY22 Songs & Lyrics
- PRINCE22 Songs & Lyrics
- PUDDLE OF MUDD22 Songs & Lyrics
- FREEWAY22 Songs & Lyrics
- SOULJA BOY22 Songs & Lyrics
- STORY OF THE YEAR22 Songs & Lyrics
- VYBZ KARTEL22 Songs & Lyrics
- ryan22 Songs & Lyrics
- 3RD STOREE22 Songs & Lyrics
- BRANDON HEATH22 Songs & Lyrics
- RYAN CABRERA22 Songs & Lyrics
- EVANESCENCE22 Songs & Lyrics
- EARSHOT22 Songs & Lyrics
- JAMELIA22 Songs & Lyrics
- BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR22 Songs & Lyrics
- MELANIE B22 Songs & Lyrics
- BO BICE22 Songs & Lyrics
- THE MUSIC21 Songs & Lyrics
- MURDERDOLLS21 Songs & Lyrics
- DEADBOY & THE ELEPHANTMEN21 Songs & Lyrics
- BRIAN MCFADDEN21 Songs & Lyrics
- TAKING BACK SUNDAY21 Songs & Lyrics
- INGRID MICHAELSON21 Songs & Lyrics
- COSIMA21 Songs & Lyrics
- CROSSFADE21 Songs & Lyrics
- MARC BROUSSARD21 Songs & Lyrics
- ANGELS & AIRWAVES21 Songs & Lyrics
- THE TRAVELING WILBURYS21 Songs & Lyrics
- SMOKIE NORFUL21 Songs & Lyrics
- BIRDS OF TOKYO21 Songs & Lyrics
- HOWIE DAY21 Songs & Lyrics
- GROOVE ARMADA21 Songs & Lyrics
- HANDSOME DEVIL21 Songs & Lyrics
- richard21 Songs & Lyrics
- DETHKLOK21 Songs & Lyrics
- MODERN DAY ZERO21 Songs & Lyrics
- GOSSIP21 Songs & Lyrics
- OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW21 Songs & Lyrics
- ENTER SHIKARI21 Songs & Lyrics
- STRATA21 Songs & Lyrics
- KEM21 Songs & Lyrics
- NIKKA COSTA21 Songs & Lyrics
- 10 YEARS21 Songs & Lyrics
- DISTURBING THA PEACE21 Songs & Lyrics
- JOSE GONZALEZ21 Songs & Lyrics
- KATHLEEN EDWARDS21 Songs & Lyrics
- ISRAEL KAMAKAWIWO'OLE21 Songs & Lyrics
- MARK SCHULTZ21 Songs & Lyrics
- OZMA20 Songs & Lyrics
- MAGNA-FI20 Songs & Lyrics
- CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH20 Songs & Lyrics
- FLYLEAF20 Songs & Lyrics
- SINCH20 Songs & Lyrics
- BROOKE FRASER20 Songs & Lyrics
- IDINA MENZEL20 Songs & Lyrics
- DAY OF FIRE20 Songs & Lyrics
- MARION RAVEN20 Songs & Lyrics
- PANDA BEAR20 Songs & Lyrics
- BROKENCYDE20 Songs & Lyrics
- JORDIN SPARKS20 Songs & Lyrics
- willie20 Songs & Lyrics
- BEACH HOUSE20 Songs & Lyrics
- BOB SINCLAR20 Songs & Lyrics
- DIDDY20 Songs & Lyrics
- JAH CURE20 Songs & Lyrics
- HANNAH MONTANA20 Songs & Lyrics
- THE DARKNESS20 Songs & Lyrics
- GROOVE COVERAGE20 Songs & Lyrics
- MEW20 Songs & Lyrics
- LUPE FIASCO20 Songs & Lyrics
- AMICI FOREVER19 Songs & Lyrics
- MC HAMMER19 Songs & Lyrics
- CROSSBREED19 Songs & Lyrics
- taylor19 Songs & Lyrics
- YOUNG JEEZY19 Songs & Lyrics
- OLIVIA19 Songs & Lyrics
- LEONA LEWIS19 Songs & Lyrics
- EVE 619 Songs & Lyrics